Tuesday, November 01, 2005

crazy day at work

so we have this joke in my lab about being "crazy". it basically started because i kept telling my labmates that they were crazy. now they tell me i'm crazy. it's a riot.

anyway, today i was sitting at my desk thumbing a mag, staring into space remembering a conversation in my head. i get to the funny part and i bust out laughing. at that moment, lu walks in to see me, in an empty office laughing my head off. maybe i am crazy. i'm not telling.

this leads the conversation (naturally) to how i used to be really shy as a kid and not speak to anyone very much. i asked lu: can you imagine me not speaking? he says that he can only wish i was still like that. i think he's referring to my tyrant nature. i was going to reference that post, but then i realized that conversation occured in another person's blog. weird, huh? anyway, i'm only a tyrant because no one in my lab knows what they are doing! besides me (of course).

in other news, i'm spreading the booty-slapping joy. who says biophysics can't be fun?

6 Comments:

At 3:09 PM GMT-5, Blogger catswym said...

cut me to the quick.

biochemistry is nothing if not a cozy, warm, dry blanket.

actually, i'm still shy when i meet new folks. but nothing near what i used to be.

i've become quite good at behavior modification. hmmm...i could use that, i think.

 
At 3:20 PM GMT-5, Blogger Papa Bear said...

Good to know you have plenty of time to sit around at work and read magazines. Puts those rumors of you working hard back in perspective. :P

 
At 3:33 PM GMT-5, Blogger catswym said...

how do you know it isn't "nature"?

and, for your information, mr. dlamming, it is only because i have been foiled twice today by other folks that i have very little to do this afternoon.

i know you cannot possibly understand the difficulties of having to share equipment (esp when using expensive real science machines like FPLC) in your richy rich, bourgeois lab brand spankin new lab. but us little folk sometimes have to wait around.

 
At 3:34 PM GMT-5, Blogger catswym said...

isn't me not chastising them enough reward?

 
At 8:42 AM GMT-5, Blogger catswym said...

actually, the worst part is, as soon as i was stumbled upon by my lab mate the conversation vanished. i honestly cannot remember what it was that made me laugh.

i think i'm turning out to be quite the disappointment for you, oomm.

 
At 11:56 AM GMT-5, Blogger catswym said...

alas, i can only promise to try to be better.

so it may have to be dancing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home