Friday, November 04, 2005

bran muffins and walnuts

this morning i pushed the snooze button a bzillion times. i actually counted. between that and chaucer trying to wake me up for some early morning lovin' i'm surprised how deeply that extra hour of sleep was felt. yes, an hour. an extra hour and i still made the early train. which was 15min late anyway. i could have had a more leisurely breakfast, but no. this is the ongoing saga of my life--late trains. instead i had to eat my bran muffins and walnuts standing up, running around doing other things, and telling my roommate how the "sermons" he seems to be getting in his catholic church are giving him a very limited view of the bible. and maybe he should read it sometime. among other things.

sometimes i think the only reason people have pets is to have an excuse to talk to themselves. and no, don't try to reverse psychology this one on me. i don't need an excuse. i'll happily chat with myself out loud, on the street any time of day or night. but, for instance, there was this woman the other night on the sidewalk with her miniature poodle outside of a yarn store in porter square. so she starts talking to her poodle about this wonderful store and isn't the dog excited about it? and doesn't he want to go in and see all the nice things?

now really, this is what would have been an internal dialouge if the dog hadn't been there. because she would have been ashamed to say all this stuff out loud if she were by herself. but now she had the excuse of the dog to say all this stuff. he wasn't interested in the yarn store. he was interested in me walking by.

he wanted to attack me.

okay, i'll admit it. poodles and i do NOT get along. never have, never will. people think i'm making it up when i say every poodle i've ever met has tried to attack me! my roommate thought i was kidding when i told him about this large poodle who i walked by every morning on my way to the train who tried to lunge at me. until he was walking with me one day and it happened. luckily the mom was with the dog and she restrained him. but when he was with the dad, watch out. i nearly had to cross the street to avoid being mauled.

i don't even think of poodles as real dogs anymore because they're so heinously vicous.

it's friday. and i'm in a slightly giddy mood.

plus my boss told me i'm smart yesterday! look at me, miss smahty pants, as they say here in boston.

2 Comments:

At 10:15 AM GMT-5, Blogger Papa Bear said...

why don't you just rub it in that your boss appreciates you and doesn't try to hurt you? *sigh*

and as i snarked this morning, maybe you should accept some of those books of the bible that luther left out to lower the printing costs. :P

 
At 2:51 PM GMT-5, Blogger catswym said...

i think "mean poodles" is redundant.

yes, it is good that my boss doesn't try to kick glass in my face.

and i, too, am a general "animal person". i've never met a monkey though, so i don't know how that would go.

2 1/2 hrs late? that's impressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home